École d'été 2021
Discover the challenges of tomorrow with the summer school From the laboratory to the distant universe, the World of Plasmas!
Registration is now closed!
00:00 - 00:00
Station biologique de Roscoff, France
Program director: Philippe Savoini & Deputy-director: Francesco Califano
This school is organized once a year during one week. We offer the unique possibility to join, free of charge, a 5-day summer school in Roscoff (Brittany) at the Marine station. This school is targeting students entering the master level, but can also be appreciated by master students to broaden their horizon or PhD students that are searching to change research topics.
Lectures, accommodation (hotel and restaurant) and transfer Paris - Roscoff are free of charge. (Date of departure from Paris: August 29 / Return: September 4)
The main objective of the summer school is to introduce plasma physics in any state from Laboratory, to the distant universe. PLAS@PAR selects good ranked students with a good background in physics or applied mathematics, to introduce them to the diversity of plasma physics. Hence the formation covers various aspects of plasmas: astrophysical and natural plasmas, laboratory plasmas generated by lasers, electrical devices, ion beams, and also cold plasmas for industrial applications etc.
Plenary lectures and hands-on sessions on:
- Introduction to Plasma Physics
- Astrophysical Plasmas
- Spectroscopy : foundations and applications for diagnostic
- Symbiosis between plasmas and technologies
- Plasmas for Energy and Fusion (Tokamak and other Devices)
- Plasma for Environment
- Laser generated Plasmas
- Plasma physics as an innovative opportunity for space propulsion
As a result of the limited available spots (max. 25 students), the selection will be made based on a CV and the shortlisting of the students will be undertaken at the beginning of June.
In order to apply to our Summer School, you will have to send the required documents.
In short, you will have to send to Philippe Savoini: Registration is now closed!
- Completed and signed application form < click here to download the application form
- A copy of your ID, or passport.
- A copy of your student card.
- A copy of your recent transcript and proof of diploma/degree (translation in English or French is mandatory). (in particularly, your grades from your last year at the university)
- A certification of good knowledge of the English (not required if english is your mother tongue).
- Letters of recommendation from one or two referees (in English or French). Recommended but not mandatory
For this school, a good knowledge in general physics, statistical mechanics, electromagnetism, spectroscopy and electrostatic is recommended.
At the end of the summerschool a certificate of achievement is given to the student.
For more information, contact: Charlotte Mansour
Nous remercions L’Université de Pise (Italie) ainsi que l’UFR de physique de Sorbonne Université, l'Initiative Physique des Infinis (IPI) et l'EUR PLASMAScience pour leur aide et leur soutien financier dans l’organisation de cette école !